Developing Deep Level Thinkers!
How can comprehension be explicitly taught?
What are features of a well organised and comprehensive Reading Program?
Looking to answer the above questions? Deb offers the below workshops to help both you and your school impact real change.
- Creating a Comprehensive Reading Program Prep – Year 6
- Organising effective Reading Workshops Prep – 2; Year 3 to 6.
- Teaching Deep Comprehension – What does that mean? Understanding Reading Process theory;
- Developing a repertoire of practical procedures for teaching comprehension with fiction
- Importance of using non-fiction – practical ways to enhance and deepen comprehension
- Ideas for small group Mini Lessons
- Teaching effective ways to respond to text
- Reading Assessment may include -analysis of written text response; Running Record analysis P– 3; Miscue Analysis Year 4 – 6; practical ideas for targeted assessment of comprehension.
For more information on the sessions Deb offers, click on the menu or select a link from below.