Are we teaching kids or fixing their Writing?
Getting that Buzz in Writers Workshop!
How can Writing time be organised in a manageable and effective way?
Deb offers the below workshops to develop the writing capacities of teachers and students.
- The joy of writing!
- Organising Effective Writers Workshop Prep-2; Year 3-6
- Writer’s Notebook Strategy – quality writing needs quality thinking
- Explicitly Teaching the Craft of Writing – skills & strategies
- The Place of Grammar and Spelling in a Writing Program
- Mini lessons for small group teaching – a repertoire of ideas; developing a Writing Menu
- Assessment – a repertoire of practical ways to assess writing, including Writing Analysis
- Using assessment to inform planning and teaching
- Celebrating Writing with Writer’s Gifts
- Using Mentor Texts to improve writing
- Developing Prep – Year 6 Literacy Assessment Schedule – Reading, Writing, Spelling
- What Australian Curriculum and State Guidelines are telling us (all topics )
For more information on the sessions Deb offers, click on the menu or select a link from below.