Presented by Steve Brophy for New leaders, Young leaders, Middle Management and/or Experienced leaders new to a position
Being of service to others in leadership is an honourable and demanding gift many of us give to the world. We push ourselves to our limits and often at the expense of our own health and well-being. Our endgame is thriving. And this is achieved through a long game approach to leadership. The long game includes:
– Sustainable habits that refill our tank each and every day.
– A rich suite of thinking tools to move through challenging situations
– The setting of clear boundaries
– Support in the form of community and dialogue
This program is designed to be your support crew along your leadership journey. Your experiences and interactions in leadership will be used as conversation starters for our group calls. As the wise elder Thomas Moore would say, “Metamorphosis doesn’t happen without our artful participation.”
Self-sustaining practices for the leadership long game
- The best leaders put their own oxygen mask on first. How we recover from the work we do determines our longevity and capacity to thrive and grow. We will focus on recovery and daily rituals to manage our responses to the stressors of leading. This will help you build an extensive suite of evidence-backed, practical tools to apply daily to navigate stress and achieve more flow at work.
Sensemaking models to navigate complexity
- Mental models enable leaders to view situations from multiple vantage points. New perspectives can help navigate the tumultuous seas of complexity and generate insights and new directions to travel. How we map the terrain of our work environment is critical to our success as a leader.
Accountability and goal setting
- Each leader will determine their endgame goal and publicly share this. Behavioural strategies in combination with an accountability partner will assist with the achievement of these goals.
Steve has over 20 years experience as an educator, innovator, leader, and coach and is incredibly passionate about deep inquiry through dialogue and experiential learning. He has a Bachelor of Applied Science in Physical Education, a Master of Education, and is a certified Flow coach with the Flow Genome Project. Steve has been widely recognised for innovation in education, having been named Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert in 2016, Apple Distinguished Educator in 2017, and recipient of the Digital Learning and Teaching Victoria Outstanding Leader of the year award in 2017. Steve is an avid speaker, writer, and poet, and you can check out his writing at www.awanderingmystic.com and https://hedgeschool.substack.com
“Steve refuses to accept the ordinary and is an exceptional and inspiring leader with an outstanding degree of integrity and initiative. He leads ‘by doing’, inspiring staff to ‘have a go’ and ‘break new ground’.”
Online via Zoom
- 6 sessions over 12 weeks. Sessions occur at 7pm on Thursdays (Melbourne time) via Zoom and run for 75min.
- Weekly email (alternate week to the group call) outlining the focal points for the fortnight.
- Community Counsel – We go further together. Join a small community of critical friends and co-create through discourse and partnership. This is done through fortnightly calls. We will hold circle every fortnight via Zoom. This time will be for community sharing, content discussion, and scenario mapping.
- Allocation of a Swim buddy – As well as access to the full cohort, you will also be allocated a partner. The Swim Buddy relationship is designed to be your closest relationship during our time together. The role of the Swim Buddy is to help you with your goals, accountability, support, and to be your cheer squad
Session dates Round 1
July 15, July 29, Aug 12, Aug 26, Sept 9 & Sept 23
$720 per person (including GST)
Terms and Conditions
For Seminar Terms and Conditions, please click here